He was born on October 21, 1772 in Ottery St. Mary, Devonshire. His father, John Coleridge was Schoolmaster cum Parson. At the age of eight-he left, his home after a quarrel with his brother and spent the night on the Bank of a stream. Since early childhood, he was highly imaginative and interested in reading. He had read The Bible before he was five.
- 1772 – S.T. Coleridge born October 21
- 1781 - His father died
- 1782 – he was sent to Christ’s Hospital London
- 1791 – He left Christ’s Hospital and joined Jesus College Cambridge.
- 1795 – Married to Sarah Fricker
- 1797 – Begun writing The Ancient Mariner from Nov.13
- 1800 – The second edition of Lyrical Ballads published with Preface by Wordsworth.
- 1804 – He decided to leave his wife.
- 1816 – Christabel and Kubla Khan published.
- 1817- Biographia Literaria published.
- 1825 – Aids to Reflection in the Formation of a Manly Character published.
- 1830 – On the Constitution of Church and State published.
- 1834 - he died on 25th July at Highgate, London.