Subject + is/am/are + Main Verb 1st + Ing
Subject + is/am/are + Not + Main Verb 1st + Ing
Is/am/are + Subject +Main Verb 1st +Ing?
Singular Subject + Singular Verb
Plural Subject + Plural Verb
To tell about an action or process that is going on at the time of speaking.
- They are cutting trees. (Cut + ing) (T) is doubled here.
To tell about the actions, which are going to be, happen in near future.
- He is practicing. (Practice + Ing ) ‘E’ is removed here.
- Am I doing wrong?
With ‘always’, ‘continually’, ’constantly’, and ‘forever’, when a doer is doing something against others' will.
- She is always complaining.
Stative Verb/ Non-conclusive verbs
Verbs of appearance Look, Resemble, Seem, Appear
Verbs of emotions Want, Desire, Wish, Hate, Hope, Like, Refuse, Believe, Doubt, Loathe, Mind, Care, Detest, Adore, Appreciate, Admire, Fear, and Expect
Verbs of thinking Think, Suppose, Agree, Consider, Trust, Remember, Forget, Know, Understand, Perceive, Realize, and Recollect
Verbs of possessions Belong, Owe, Own, Possess, Contain, and Have
Verbs of perception See, Hear, Smell, Taste, and Feel
- We are seeing with our eyes. (Wrong)
- We see with our eyes. (Right)
- The Session judge is hearing our case. (Right)